Metal Core Board Specialties
Thermometric separation copper base plate, aluminum plate, iron substrate circuit board technology and production structure compared to other materials,
has fast heat conduction, high hardness, strong mechanical properties, and other characteristics, through the comparison, we can clearly understand the copper substrate structure, aluminum substrate structure technology, heat conduction principle, combined with the real board.
We can more easily understand the thermoelectric separation of the copper substrate, characteristics of the aluminum substrate. Between thermoelectric separation technology is complex, high thermal conductivity, thermal nature, the separation of copper substrate prices higher than the general substrate.
Copper substrate PCB
Copper substrate PCB is the best of the metal substrate PCBs Its heat conduction effectiveness is two times better than aluminum substrate PCB, and it would be many times to iron or steel substrate PCB.
Highfive Frequency and Heat dissipation Application
It is suitable for high-frequency circuit design, high and low-temperature change areas, and precision telecom equipment that needs perfect heat dissipation. Including the building decoration industry.
Generally, there are gold-plated copper base plate, silver-plated copper base plate, tin sprayed copper base plate, anti-oxidation copper base plate, etc.
The circuit layer of copper substrate requires a large current carrying capacity, so a thick copper foil with a thickness of 35 μ m ~ 280 μ m should be used.
The insulation layer is the core technology of copper substrate PCB, the core thermal conductivity material is composed of aluminum oxide and silica powder and polymer filled with epoxy resin, with small thermal resistance (0.15), excellent viscoelasticity, thermal aging resistance, and mechanical resistance based on thermal stress.
The copper base is the supporting layer of copper base PCB, which requires high thermal conductivity. Generally, it is a copper plate, and copper plate can also be used (copper plate can provide better thermal conductivity), which is suitable for drilling, punching, cutting, and other conventional machining. Iron or steel substrate PCB has not this good thermal conductivity.
How to improve the heat dissipation effectiveness of copper substrate PCB? The best way is to use Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately Technology. The electricity and thermal path were separated using a copper base with heat dissipation locations. These locations are based on some patterns to match heat components.
The lamination process is most important which completes the integration of the copper base and FR4 material.
A comparison of heat dissipation effectiveness between copper substrate PCB with Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately and regular copper base PCB application which was done. It was found that the PCB is very good for Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately. The testings are based on the same thickness of the copper base, insulation layer, and circuit.
The circuit layer and the heat dissipation layer are on the different circuit layers. And the heat dissipation layer directly contacts with the heat dissipation part of the components bead, so as to achieve the heat dissipation and heat conduction (zero thermal resistance).
1. Copper substrate material with high density, strong heat bearing capacity, good heat conduction specialty, and heat dissipation specialty.
2. The thermoelectric separation structure is the best choice, and the contact with the component heat part is zero thermal resistance. and reduce perpetual components and prolong the life of components.
3. The smaller component area can be placed with more heat dissipation components.
4. It is suitable for matching single high-power lamp beads, especially the COB package, to achieve better heat dissipation effectiveness.
5. Various surface treatments (gold deposition, OSP, tin spraying, silver plating, silver deposition + silver plating) can be carried out according to different needs, and the surface treatment layer is reliable.
6. Different structures can be made according to different design requirements of components. (copper convex block, copper concave block, heat layer and line layer are parallel).