Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately Metal Core PCB
How to improve the heat dissipation effectiveness of copper substrate PCB? The best way is to use Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately Technology. The electricity and thermal path was separated using copper base with heat dissipation locations. These locations are based on some patterns to match heat components.
The lamination process is most important which complete the integration of the copper base and FR4 material.
A comparison of heat dissipation effectiveness between copper substrate PCB with Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately and regular copper base PCB application which was done. It was found that the PCB is very good for Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately. The testings are based on the same thickness of copper base, insulation layer and circuit.
Highfive Copper base Metal Core PCB
Electricity-Thermal-Go-Separately Advantages Metal Core PCB
The circuit layer and the heat dissipation layer are on the different circuit layers. And the heat dissipation layer directly contacts with the heat dissipation part of the components bead, so as to achieve the heat dissipation and heat conduction (zero thermal resistance).
1. Copper substrate material with high density, strong heat bearing capacity, good heat conduction specialty and heat dissipation specialty.
2. The thermoelectric separation structure is best choice, and the contact with the component heat part is zero thermal resistance. and reduce perpetual components and prolong the life of components.
3. The smaller component area can be placed with more heat dissipation components.
4. It is suitable for matching single high-power lamp bead, especially COB package, to achieve better heat dissipation effectiveness.
5. Various surface treatments (gold deposition, OSP, tin spraying, silver plating, silver deposition + silver plating) can be carried out according to different needs, and the surface treatment layer is reliable.
6. Different structures can be made according to different design requirements of components. (copper convex block, copper concave block, heat layer and line layer are parallel).