DIP Plug-in (Dual In-line Package)
a. DIP packaging, also called dual in-line packaging technology, refers to integrated circuit chips packaged in dual in-line form. Most small and medium-sized integrated circuits use this packaging form, and the number of pins generally does not exceed 100.
b. The DIP packaged CPU chip has two rows of pins, which need to be inserted into the chip socket with the DIP structure.
c. Of course, it can also be directly inserted into a circuit board with the same number of solder holes and geometric arrangement for soldering.
d. The DIP packaged chip should be carefully inserted and removed from the chip socket to avoid damage to the pins.
e. DIP package structure forms are multilayer ceramic dual in-line DIP, single-layer ceramic dual in-line DIP, lead frame DIP (including glass-ceramic sealing type, plastic encapsulation structure type, ceramic low-melting glass packaging type) Wait.
SMT NOT Replace DIP
Now with the rapid development of SMT processing technology, SMT chip processing has a tendency to gradually replace DIP plug-in processing.
However, due to the large size of some electronic components in PCBA production, plug-in processing has not been replaced and is still in electronic assembly.
The processing process plays an important role.
DIP plug-in processing is after SMT patch processing, and assembly line manual plug-ins are generally used, which requires more employees.
- Component pre-processing
- Wave soldering
- Component cut foot
- Repair welding (post welding)
- Wash plate
- Function test
1. Pre-process the components
First of all, the staff of the pre-processing workshop collect the materials from the material place according to the BOM material list, carefully check the material model, specification, sign, and carry out pre-production pre-processing according to the model, using automatic bulk capacitor clipper, transistor automatic molding machine, and fully automatic Belt molding machine and other molding equipment for processing.
Insert the processed components into the corresponding positions on the PCB board to prepare for wave soldering.
3. Wave soldering
Put the plug-in PCB board into the wave soldering conveyor belt, and complete the soldering of the PCB board after spraying flux, preheating, wave soldering, and cooling.
4. Component cut foot
Cut the feet of the soldered PCBA board to achieve the appropriate size.
5. Repair welding (post welding)
For PCBA finished boards that have not been welded intact, they must be repaired and repaired.
6. Wash the plate
Clean the flux and other harmful substances remaining on the PCBA finished product to meet the environmental protection standard cleanliness required by customers.
After the components are welded, the finished PCBA board should be tested for the function to test whether each function is normal. If the function defect is found, it should be repaired and tested again.
Attention in DIP plug-in processing
1. When the electronic components are plug-in, the PCB must be affixed flatly, and the appearance after the plug-in is kept flat, and there must be no tilting phenomenon, and the side with the font must face up;
2. When plugging in electronic components such as resistors, the soldering pins after the plug-in cannot cover the pads;
3. For electronic components with direction indications, attention must be paid to the orientation of the plug-in unit and the direction must be unified;
4. When processing the DIP plug-in, it is necessary to check whether there are oil and other dirt on the surface of the electronic components;
5. For some sensitive components, do not use too much force when plug-in, so as not to damage the components and PCB board below;
6. When plugging in electronic components, do not exceed the edge of the PCB board. Pay attention to the height of the components and the spacing of the component pins.
Please contact us for more details if you need it, and you can visit our HIEDESIGN as ODM and OEM for electronics.